Sunday, June 23, 2013

Old Faithful Geyser of Californa

(Unreviewed) Hey did you know you don't have to go all the way to Yellowstone to see Old Faithful? California has an Old Faithful of its very own!

Now I can't personally say anything about this place but I gather from some of the reviews I've read elsewhere that at $14 a person it's pretty expensive for what it is. The geyser itself is located in a shallow pool of water, and it erupts once every 30 minutes or so. On site there is also a picnic area and a petting zoo, which features llamas, sheep and Tennessee Fainting Goats. And of course there's a snack bar and a gift shop, too. But is that enough to justify spending almost $60 for a family of four? You'll have to decide that for yourself.

Specs
Type: Natural Landmarks
Distance: Day Trip
Area: Calistoga
Ages: All Ages
Cost: $$
Address: 1299 Tubbs Lane, Calistoga
Information: www.oldfaithful
geyser.com
Photo Credit: mattk1979
Old Faithful is in Calistoga, so if you enjoy wineries you can certainly combine a visit to the geyser with a trip to Castello di Amorosa, or to the Petrified Forest provided you don't want to take your poor, long-suffering children to a winery. Now it's probably not fair for me to say so since I haven't seen this geyser myself, but I don't think I'd plan a whole trip to Calistoga on this geyser alone. But I've been to Yellowstone's Old Faithful, too, and I think I'd just be afraid of being underwhelmed and overcharged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment